Search This Blog

Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday's Pain...

Happy Monday my friends!  It’s a 3 day week! Can I get a WOOT WOOT?!?!?!

This Monday starts with a weird flare of my dermatomyositis; I’m having some joint issues.  Apparently some folks with dermo do get joint problems.  Fucking awesome.  But, at least I don’t have any lung problems, so it could definitely be much worse.

Anyway…

I had a pretty decent weekend, despite the difficulty I had walking yesterday due to the dermo’s attack on the hardware in my ankle.

Saturday I spent the afternoon with my mother.  Which is quite odd, we aren’t particularly close.  But it was a nice day.

We started out lunch at The York Street Café.  Mother had never been there and she enjoyed it.
I, of course, ordered the dirty hummus, which did not disappoint.
Dirty Hummus


Mother had never had good hummus before and she enjoyed it as well.  For my entrée I chose the Voodoo Tilapia which was also quite tasty.
Voodoo Tilapia


After lunch, we moseyed next door to a little antique shop.  Where I found Mac Boozer!!
Mac


He is perched atop a working music box and his cap comes off to be used as a liquor decanter!  He is wearing a kilt AND he can hold his alcohol, he could be the perfect man!!  So I’ve planted him on the mantle, near Angus, my other kilted pal.

After lunch, we headed across the river to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.
It was an interesting show, a little too Christmas-y for my taste (I am not a fan of Christmas, not even a little bit) but I really enjoyed the light show.  The second half of the show wasn’t really Christmas, so it was cool.  That’s a hardworking group of people.  The concert lasted almost 3 hours and they worked it!!




Nearly the entire cast, band had really long hair, which they were swinging around A LOT.  Of course, in rock-n-roll there is a lot of head swinging, I know this.  Even their back up singers/dancers had long hair and swinging it was the majority of their dance moves.

I wondered if they would have been nearly as good with short hair… maybe their power was held within their flowing locks.  Sort of like Samson… it was something to ponder, while I tried to ignore the depressing part of the show when they were telling the story of a business man and his brain damaged child (I could have lived forever without hearing that story, even though it had a happy ending).

Overall, I did enjoy my Saturday.

Yesterday was uninteresting, with shopping, cleaning and laundry.  Yea, I know, I’m a wild woman.

As I was reading over the messages from the dating site this morning, I wondered, why do men that live in excess of 90 minutes away message me?  It seems that the bulk of the messages I’ve gotten lately are from men that live in far away cities that I’ve never even heard of. 

I don’t get it.

Anything, really, over an hour can really, seriously hinder dating.   And 2+ hours? That’s just silly.  Is the pool of women that are local to them really that shallow?  Are they related to all of them? Have they already dated everyone in their zip code?

I know I’m awesome, but I’m not 2+ hours of driving awesome, I’d only drive that far for Jack White.  And I HATE driving, I’m a marginally bad driver, 2+ hours of driving would be torturous for me.  I’d arrive tired and very grumpy.  Who wants that?  Trust me; no one likes Grumpy TrippyBeth, not even me!

I am still waiting for my editor friend to read my short story.  I know that it still needs work, but I’ve vowed to myself not to look at it again until after he’s sent it back to me with edits.  The waiting is KILLING me!!
I should really start something else, but I’m not sure I can while the other story is still floating around in my head.  So, I’ll wait a few more days…

Ok, I’m off to do my paying job… have a good Monday my friends!!!

2 comments:

Susiem (Lynwood Jewellery) said...

wahay the dermatomyo-shite-is didn't stop a great day by the sounds of it. BTW The Mac Boozler looks just like a vintage pelham puppet called Sandy Macboozle I used to have

TrippyBeth said...

Thanks for the comment Susie!! I am so much better than I was this time last year, I can't let a little flare get me down!
I'd love to have a female to go with Mac and his buddy Angus... keeping my eyes peeled!!