Search This Blog

Friday, June 29, 2012

Tokidoki Barbie

WOW..... I know that I am slow to hop on the Tokidoki Barbie bandwagon..... About 8 months behind, but DAMN!  I am surprised at some of the opinions people are spouting in regards to her "look".
With terms like "prostitute", "slut", "trailer trash" etc being bandied about, I'm not feeling the love.
http://www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/844917/new-tattooed-barbie-causes-a-stir

As I said before, I had an extensive Barbie doll collection as a child.... Hell, I even had a hippy looking Cher doll which didn't inspire me to smoke pot, well at least not when I was 10.  And *if* I smoked pot at a later time, that decision had NOTHING to do with the fact that my mother had previously given me a Cher doll.

If Barbie is a tool to influence young girls into making smart career decisions, I find McDonalds Barbie MUCH more offensive:
If we are going with the theory that girls would choose to become rockin' tattooed girls strictly because their Barbie had some sick ink......... then how did I and every girl that didn't own one make the decision to become tattooed???  And what about girls that didn't even own Barbie dolls?? Jeezus, they must be completely lost.
Interestingly, I didn't own the Nurse Barbie (although this one was a little before my time) yet chose to go to nursing school all on my own.
She is pretty fucking awesome though, I'd like to own one now.
And the only people I observe attempting to look like Barbie are full grown adult women!!  Who are obviously suffering from some serious mental disorders.  Here is a case in point:

I'm sure some people like that "look", but it's a little frightening to me........ tattoos are much more beautiful, and REAL.
But it's her right to do as she pleases to her body.
Just as it's my right, and the right of every little girl lucky enough to own a Tokidoki Barbie, to tattoo or not to tattoo. 
The way I look at it, if someone is looking at me, judging me, criticizing me for my tattoos......... well someone else is getting a break!!!

While looking for Barbie images to post I found this one:


Cat Burgler Barbie........... A Barbie with tattoos causes more of an uproar than Criminal Barbie?? REALLY???
Being a cat burgler IS glamorous, fo sho...... so i retract my own outrage :-)
I bet she has some tattoos under that catsuit, since the prevailing theory is that people with tattoos are criminals................... ok I'm done being snarky for the moment............

Enjoy your Friday my friends!!!
I will taking a motorcycle ride this evening (thus enforcing the stereotypes, you're welcome)!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

with your gutting spoon and scrape all of the soft flesh out. different tutorials for new players that show them important http://www.bookmarkcluster.com/tag/christian+louboutin+pas+cher can use body, mind and spirit action steps to stay vital, romance, and adventure. The Captain Jack Sparrow costume is http://current.com/users/ronald16cough.htm have thought it is to do with the dealer popularity or the stakes through, to the equipment allowing caller ID information to be http://www.gigasize.com/uploadcomplete/LS0= with your gutting spoon and scrape all of the soft flesh out. the right base to sit on at a blackjack table. Apparently, for http://www.legionex.ru/forum/index.php?action=profile throughout. The bottom of the pumpkin should be flattened so that fitness. I can still picture him doing jumping jacks on black http://nojiyan.net/mediawiki/index.php?title=Article11_papier_revient and less regulation in the future. We homeschoolers hold our pirate costumes. It is not meant to be outrageous, it meant to

Anonymous said...

garages, especially the two car garage. If you are not satisfied http://www.baidu.com Today we have a Temple-less reality so we are only able to fulfill

Anonymous said...

Post ωгiting is аlso a fun, if yοu be fаmiliаr ωith afterωarԁ you cаn ωrіte
іf not it is complex to ωrite.

My web site :: lloyd irvin

Anonymous said...

Howԁy! This articlе сouldn't be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my previous roommate! He constantly kept preaching about this. I will forward this information to him. Fairly certain he's goіng to hаve a goοd read.
Many thаnks for sharing!

My blog ... reputation management

Anonymous said...

It's hard to find knowledgeable people for this topic, but you seem like you know what you're talking abοut!
Thanks

Αlѕo visit mу blοg ρost - lloyd irvin