Search This Blog

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Flowers, Diamonds and Girl Crushes...

I was told once by a guy that I was more of the dude in the relationship than he was.

I was strangely un-offended by the statement.  I guess we are programmed to BE girly, yet be ashamed of it.  So to be called dude-ish was sort of affirming that I wasn’t overly girly.

His statement was referring to the fact that I was remaining mostly unattached, emotionally, in the relationship.  I suppose he was unaccustomed to that.

That relationship didn’t last too long, go figure.

But there are some things that I am unabashedly girly about!  One of those things is GETTING FLOWERS!!
I have heard women say “Don’t buy me flowers, they’re a waste of money” blah blah blah…

They are talking out of their asses! EVERY WOMAN LOVES GETTING FLOWERS!!

**Well there are a couple of exceptions that I can think of…
    #1  if you only send flowers when you fuck up.  Just stop fucking up.
    #2 if you only send flowers to impress.  A friend’s ex would send flowers
          to her office and only want to know if everyone saw them and what                       
          they said.
          Don’t get me wrong, I do like that everyone gets a little envious when
          I get flowers.  I mean, I really don’t have anything else that anyone
          would ever be jealous of, so it feels good.
          But, the first reason for sending flowers should be the person you’re
          sending them to, not anyone in the periphery.

Anyway…

The reason I am talking flowers is because I got some yesterday!
Aren't they beautiful?!?!?!

My friend JC always knows just what to do to perk me up!  I have still been feeling wretched from the after-effects of the plague.  Just super tired, hacky and headachy.

So yesterday, toward the end of the day, flowers were delivered!!!

Is it wrong that when everyone seemed a little jealous, I felt GOOD??

I don’t think so… gotta take it where you can get it.

Last night, even though I am still mildly beshittified (respectfully stolen from RP) I made a quick road trip with JS to Louisville to pick up his new truck.  I went along to drive his car back and for a free meal… there’s no shame in my game people!!

Seriously, he’s a friend and needed me. 
I may suck at a lot of things, evidently at being a wife (according to my ex), at being a girlfriend (since I don’t have/haven’t kept a boyfriend) and at math… but one thing I AM, is a good friend!  I am loyal, devoted and will take secrets to my grave.  If you don’t have friends, what have you got?  People who love you because they want to, not because of any obligation, that’s a good measure of your worth I think.

So it’s about a 75 minute drive one way.  Plenty of time for us to catch up.
JS starts out by teasing me about my love life; typical… it IS pretty laughable sometimes.
Then he tells me about a recent trip with H… he’s so in love with her.  It actually made my heart happy to hear him tell me all about it. 
Which is odd, I am not really a romantic at all. 
Maybe it’s because I’ve never been romanced??
I suppose I just don’t inspire the romance in men… maybe because I act like the dude?? 
Hhhhmmmmm I may have discovered the crack in my armor.

After he picked up his fancy new truck we went to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory.  I’d never eaten at a Cheesecake Factory before.  It was unusually dark in there, which made it quite difficult for me to see.  I’m sure it would be nice if you were on a romantical date.
Is the Cheesecake Factory someplace that people go to get inspired to get engaged?
The reason I ask is because the menu had, within it, FIVE advertisements for diamonds and jewelry stores!  First of all, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen menus with advertisements in them, especially was unexpected in an upscale restaurant.  Second, the sheer number of them was overwhelming! 

I considered asking the waiter to marry me…

We had some pasta, and then drove back north.

I got home in time to have a hot bath and watch this week’s episode of American Horror Story.


Damn, they are throwing everything into this season except the kitchen sink!!!  Asylums, nuns, possessions, aliens, lesbians, nymphomaniacs, Nazis, serial killers, creatures in the woods…  I’m afraid if they keep adding it will be too much.  There is plenty of meat in the storyline the way it is.  Let’s focus on the things that have already been established.  When there are too many plot twists it doesn’t allow a lot of the stories to be fully developed, which can be quite disappointing.  After I fell in love with AHS last year, I couldn’t take being disappointed this year!

Jessica Lange is still my girl crush… she is so wonderfully Southern Gothic… I want to be her when I grow up!

No comments: