Search This Blog

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Eager Head Banging

Excited VS over-eager VS weirdo

This is a line that I have no idea how to traverse.

If I like someone, I like them, that’s pretty simple.
But, at this point in my life, I don’t know the proper (acceptable) way to show it.

My mind is constantly running in excess of the speed limit, and the ideas sometimes come fast and furious and I need (ok, want) to share them.

Yet…

I don’t want to overwhelm anyone.  And thanks to truly BATSHIT crazy women who may have come before me, a lot of guys are gun-shy.

Understandable.

Just because I have a lot of ideas or a lot of things to say to someone, doesn’t mean that I have fallen madly, insanely in love.  I just have a lot of things to say… and if I dig someone, I want to say things to them.  That’s just how I gyre (a round shape formed by a series of concentric circles… see you learned something today, you’re welcome).

I have now gathered enough experience to temper my excitement and try not to do anything to frighten the elusive normal, available man away.

Am I not being true to myself?

I think I’m still being me, just dialed down to a 6 instead of all the way up to 11.

If someone ever truly likes me and wants to be involved in a relationship with me, they’ll accept that about me and maybe it will even endear me to them.

“Communication without filters” is a phrase that was mentioned to me recently.  I like that.  My filter is mostly nonfunctioning anyway, although I seriously try to keep things a little in check.  Really, I do!
I guess “Just be Yourself” isn’t bad advice… I’ll just keep the volume at a moderate level until I know that the listener is, indeed, a head banger.

3 comments:

Vigilarius said...

No Friday or Monday updates? Hope you're okay, TB!

TrippyBeth said...

HEY!
I should have a post here by the end of the day.
2 blogs and photos... it's alot for a girl to keep up with!
Thanks for checking on me :-)

Vigilarius said...

Hooray, you're okay! :)