Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Swiss Cheese Boondock Cooking

She got a black magic bag of tricks, I need my mojo fix…

It is my objective in life to be an observer of the odd and interesting.
However, I don’t think that I’m too good at it.

Often I’m just plain oblivious… it’s true, even though I hate to admit it.

I once told someone that they better hope that I’m never a witness to their murder, because it’s pretty likely that I won’t remember jack shit. 

Without other evidence, their murderer will go free. 

Then, because of my guilty feelings for having a swiss cheese memory, I will have to go all Boondock Saints on the murderer. 

Then I’ll miss work and probably get fired, lose my health insurance and my apartment.  I’ll end up living under the bridge, sleeping in a cardboard box with my good sheets and wearing the cute hats that I don’t have to barter away for cans of beans.  My cat will probably leave me, because, honestly who wants to live under a bridge?

I REALLY have to start paying more attention!

Once in a while, I do notice something that strikes me as funny.  And with the invention of cell phone cameras, every now and then, I’m able to capture it.

I’m not some kind of perv, but doesn’t that Dodge goat head thingy remind you of the view from the stirrups? When I got behind him, I thought “WOW dude, that’s kind of suggestive” a second later I was like “oooohhhhh, that’s totally not what I thought it was!”
I wonder if he noticed me tailgating him, trying to get the pic?

So, last night I cooked!!
Martinis are a neccesary element in the food preparation scenario.

I know you’re shocked, but I CAN cook.  I’m actually quite good at it, when I want to.  I made a comfort food meal of pork chops in mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes (one of my favorite foods in the world) mac-n-cheese and roasted veggies.  It was delish!
The pork chops!

But I couldn’t cook without suffering a harrowing injury.

A gift from the oven door, the bastard.

I’ll probably live though…

I was called an “artist” last night, after someone was looking at my photography.
I was a little taken aback.  I don’t see myself as an artist.  I see myself as trying to capture some of the beauty that someone else has created.

But, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t like the compliment!

I’ve been perusing web sites of other photographers, local ones as much as possible, one in particular Queen City Disco(very).

I have to admit, I’m kind of in love with Gordon Bombay.  Aside from his fantastic photography, he can also write! DOUBLE THREAT!

Do yourself a favor, my friends, check his work out.

I really want to try my hand at some architectural photography, I am an architecture nerd! So soon, my friends, I will subject you to pictures of buildings from weird angles, I know you can’t wait!

2 comments:

Vigilarius said...

You know how to make a martini? Wow, I'm very impressed! I have trouble making chocolate milk, let alone a nice adult beverage. ;)

TrippyBeth said...

i am a woman of many talets, Vigilarius!!
i actually can't make a gin/vermouth martini, mainly because i don't like them...