Search This Blog

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Scratch and Dent

Don’t worry baby everything’s about to get heavy.

Thursday… I can almost see the whites of Friday’s eyes!!

I realized this morning, that I bitch a lot on this blog.  I don’t really think that I’m a chronic complainer kinda person.  In real life, I like to let things sort of roll off my back, when I can.  This blog, is just a tiny fraction of my life though, everyone deserves to be able to bitch a few minutes a day, right?

Anyway…

I got an email from this guy (thanks to JG for pointing out the similarities)

I thought about including the screen capture, but I’ll let your imagination do the work.  It’s a photo of a middle-aged guy sitting in a lawn chair, unbuttoned shirt, protruding tummy, with a beer in hand.  The photo is captioned, simply “beer”.

Now, please, do not think that I expect men to jump straight from the pages of GQ into my arms, I don’t, I’m pragmatic if nothing else.  Honestly, I wouldn’t even want one of those guys.

I want personality! Quirk!  Not someone overly obsessed with a perfect line of facial hair or eyebrows more perfectly groomed than my own.

But, isn’t online dating about 75% presentation?

BAIT, people, that’s what it’s all about!

Granted, we can only work with the bait that we’ve been given.  This is my problem.  You can’t turn a sow’s ear into a silk purse.
However, I do not post photos of myself taken first thing in the morning, or photos taken from a weird angle that makes me look like Jabba The Hut.  I am trying to sell myself, for crap’s sake.

I mean if you have a perfect, pristine can of green beans, and a dented, smashed in can, side by side on the grocery shelf.  Both are the same price, which one are you taking home?
I am trying really hard not to be the dented can.

The longer this pleurisy hangs on, the more like a dented can I feel.  UG.

Now that I am writing 2 blogs, I am learning a few things about the different blogging platforms.
This one, Blogger, is pretty simple and straightforward.  I like it.  It was the right platform for me to start with.

However, Wordpress, even though it’s harder for me to maneuver right now, gets your blog more attention.
And, truly, that’s what blogging is all about, ATTENTION!  Wordpress even automatically uploads my postings to Facebook!!

So, if you haven’t already, check out my photo blog!

I had a little life victory yesterday; they are few and far between, so I have to share.
I always remembered, vaguely, this movie that I saw as a child.  It was an old black and white movie about someone being trapped in a magical apple tree.  I have, on and off, over the years tried to figure out what the movie was, without success.

UNTIL YESTERDAY!

I finally Googled the right combination of words, and I found it!

It’s the story of Death being held in the tree, and while he’s there, NO ONE dies.
So, once I discover the title, I go to Netflix… No dice.
Then, to Amazon.  THEY HAVE IT!  And guess what is on its way to me???
OH YEA, I see a movie night in the future!!

2 comments:

Vigilarius said...

I think this video is appropriate, given the circumstances:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCtkQciibzw

(That's so creepy, on so many levels.);)

TrippyBeth said...

This is what I attract Vigilarius.... I have a magnetism that cannot be explained!!