Search This Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Saturday Musings...


 

Have you ever had an experience where you reflect back and think “Did that really fucking happen?”

I’m sure that you have, everyone has…

I have decided that dating is devastating to self-esteem, at least to my self-esteem anyway.  If you’ve read this blog for any length of time, you probably already know that I’m pretty self-deprecating.  I like to think that I’m just a realist.  I know what I am, and what I’m not.  But, sometimes when getting it shoved in your face makes all that realism go flying right out the damn window.

I know that everyone can’t like everyone, I haven’t liked everyone that I’ve went out with.  Obviously, if I had, I probably wouldn’t be single right now.  But rejection hurts, even when you have nothing invested in a relationship, and even when you also felt like it wasn’t a “love connection”.

Why is that?

I don’t feel that I’m one of those people that HAS to be liked by everyone, I’m not.  I have a fan-fucking-tastic circle of friends; I know that there are people that love me, even when I sometimes wonder why.  I know that’s my issue.

I think that I’m one of those people that other people either LOVE or CAN’T STAND.  I’ve recently discovered people on both ends of the spectrum.  I haven’t changed my MO based on who I’m with, I’m always me all the time (which could also be a problem).

If you don’t like someone, you should be honest about it.  Not in a mean way, of course, but in a grown-up kinda way.  I am not in the business of hurting anyone’s feelings.  What comes around goes around, karma, etc…  I don’t need bad mojo in my life.  However, I also understand that some people do not get the hint.  I don’t think I’m one of those people.   If someone tells me that they don’t like me, I’m out…  I would NEVER push myself on someone.  Who would want that anyway?  I don’t want someone to want me because I’ve worn them down!  And many of the guys that I haven’t had a romantic connection with I’ve kept as friends.  I obviously suck as girlfriend material, but I am a kick ass friend.  I think I’m loyal and dedicated, I’ve got my friends’ backs.  Hopefully there’s no fighting involved, I can talk smack, but when it comes down to violence I wouldn’t be that girl! Thankfully, my friends don’t really throw down like that, so it’s never been an issue.  I guess if all hell broke loose and it was a critical situation, I’d get in there.  Hopefully I’ll never have to!

Sigh, I’m just over-analyzing everything today.  Rethinking recent and past decisions.  Trying to pin point the moment when this whole journey went off the rail.  I can identify moments where I definitely pulled the pins out of the track, as far as the path to the train wreck… I am not sure where it began.

Honestly, I never thought that I’d be ALONE this long.  When I was first single, I knew I wanted to have fun for a while, but I’m really a relationship girl.  I think I’m good in a relationship; I’m good to whomever I’m with.  I tend to be a caretaker, I like making someone happy, and it is in me to please.  But finding someone I trust enough to show that side of myself to, well, it’s certainly been hard.  I wouldn’t want anyone to mistake my desire to please as a weakness or neediness, it’s not. And I don’t want to be someone’s soul source of happiness, that’s too much responsibility.  Everyone has to have their own source of joy, outside of another person.  I have my writing, photography, books, friends… I just need a relationship to compliment all of that, and I want to be a compliment in someone else’s life.

I think that my expectations or goals are practical and not unreasonable.  But, obviously there is problem with this program.

Anyway, tonight there is Halloween debauchery on tap!  I LOVE Halloween, so it’s going to be a good night!  No rejection, no relationship talk, just a great time.  I need it!!!

Keep your eyes open for a vampy Parisian showgirl vampire… it’ll be TrippyBeth!!!

No comments: