Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Genuine Heartbreak

Tragedy has struck my hometown.

A friend that I grew up with lost his son in a car accident yesterday.
So horrific, I can’t even imagine their heartbreak.  My heart is breaking for them.
When something like this happens it makes you want to hug everyone that you love.  But my family doesn’t live close to me.  So just saying it will have to suffice, but it really doesn’t.

I don’t miss the small town drama back home, but when something awful happens, the small town folk gather around you to help hold you up.
They may know all your business, rumors spread like wildfire, if you’re a kid and you do something naughty your parents know before you get home… all that is a pain in the ass.  There is genuine support in a small community. 

Many years ago I suffered a house fire at around 4a.  The house was a total loss, lost everything.  At 430a there were at least 50 people in the yard, asking what they could do and forcing money in our pockets.  Does that happen here in the city?

I can’t say. 

What I can say is that I know 2 of the neighbors in my building (one of whom is getting married and moving out) but I don’t know anyone else on the street.  Its’ not that I’m unfriendly; I just don’t see anyone or have the occasion to speak to them. 

Anyway, I’m sending good vibes to my friend and his family; I cannot imagine what they are going through.

If you would, send some good vibes to a little town in Kentucky and the RM family.

No comments: