Search This Blog

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Art and the Trippy Grinch

Thursday! YAY!  And the first day of my new 9-5 schedule.  It was so nice to get that extra hour of sleep.
I am sooooooo not a morning person, so every extra minute I can get is totally welcomed!

It is Thursday and December 6, 19 days until Christmas and 21 days until VACATION!!!

Believe it or not, I’ve actually started Christmas shopping!

As I’ve stated before, I am not a big fan of the holidays, and I am even less enamored with the shopping that is required.

But this week I purchased my parent’s gift, a two night stay at a local vineyard.  I think they’ll enjoy it.  And I’m working on a photo collage, with photos I’d taken in their garden over the summer.

I never buy a gift this early.  I’ve encouraged everyone to make Amazon wishlists, which is the most brilliant Christmas buying idea ever invented.  Not that anyone has actually done it yet!

I love Amazon, truly and with all of my heart.  They always know just what I need and they always have just what I need to get for everyone else.
I used to have a little eBay addiction, but I haven’t bought anything from there in a really long time.
I have, however, purchased a few things from Etsy.  Not the crafty things but a pair of vintage hands and Angus.  They have some cool things on there and an App, so I’m much more likely to purchase.

I am still unsure if I will put up a tree or not.  I’m leaning more toward NOT.  Especially since I’m leaving 2 days after Christmas.  I’ll have one day to take the tree down and at the same time finish packing and tidying the apartment.  I don’t see it happening.  I can’t leave the tree up while I’m gone 11 days, not with the cat.  I’m still not sure what to do about the cat while I’m gone anyway.  I suppose I’ll set up 2 litter boxes and a ton of food and water.
When I was gone for 2 weeks last summer, I didn’t have a cat so it wasn’t an issue. I’ll figure it out.

The night before last I was stricken with a combination of insomnia and hyper-cat-annoyance.  So the brain is always in some weird overdrive when the insomnia collides into my psyche.  The iPhone is particularly handy when this happens, I open up the little note app and I scribble away.  From time to time, these notes make no fucking sense at all, almost like they’re made by a schizophrenic Egyptian in a bizarre new language of hieroglyphics.  The notes I made Tuesday night actually were decipherable.

One of the notes included the idea to make the photo collage for my mother – check.
Another note was for this art/painting project.  I must say right now that I am no artist.  I can take a decent photo, but as far as creating something with my own hands, I’ve never had that skill.  But this idea is more abstract, so MAYBE I can pull it off.

Wanting to create a painting can be a great idea, if you have the supplies.  Guess who didn’t?  That’s right, ME.
So after work yesterday I stopped and picked up some paints, brushes, canvas…
I got the base coat on the canvas.  Step two when I get home this evening.
Also on the table are photos and frames that I should be working on too!

Before I sign off for the day, I must mention a message I got on the dating site.

“You seem just as horny as I am.”

WHAT?!?!

I went back over my profile; there is NOTHING there that makes me look horny.
Is that a line that works? 
If you tell a girl she looks horny should her panties automatically fall off? 
Does it make her think “I AM horny, I just didn’t realize it”? (Thanks for cluing me in)

And with that, I hid my profile.  I need a hiatus from it all.

No comments: